March 14, 2013
- 2013 Summer Camp Guide
- Denver Equestrians Summer Camp
- School of Rock
- Bear Creek Stables Summer Camps
- Dinosaur Ridge Summer Day Camps
- My Gym Children's Fitness Center Summer Camps
- Summer Camps in West Metro Denver
- This Week's Picks
- Fun with Pancakes
- Lucky's Layered Lime Dessert
- St. Patrick's Day Play Dough
- St. Patrick's Day Treat Pouches
- Great Places To Go With Your Kids Around Town
- Kids Eat FREE!!
- Making "My Macaroni" Work For You
• Fossils and Fun: This camp is a great introduction to the geology and paleontology of Dinosaur Ridge and the surrounding area. Hands-on activities will help campers learn about the ancient environments, landscapes, and animals of Colorado’s prehistoric Front Range. Campers will have the chance to explore, measure, draw, observe, and interact with the geology and fossils of the area and explore science like never before among 150 million year old fossils. Ages 6-13.
• Paleontology Camp: Paleontology Camp focuses primarily on the fossils that are found in and around the Morrison and Golden Fossil Areas. Your campers will explore, observe, map, draw, and measure dinosaur bones and tracks, fossil palm fronds and other plant impressions, and a plethora of other local fossils and prehistoric evidence to learn more about prehistoric Colorado. Hands-on activities will help them visualize and experience paleontology in a way they never have before! Ages 8-13, or 6-7 if have completed Fossil and Fun or attended 2012 Summer Camp.
• Geology Camp: Geology Camp will focus on the local rocks and formations of Colorado’s Front Range, as well as what we can learn from rocks and minerals. With interactives and hands-on activities, campers will get a chance to explore, experiment, observe, measure, collect and even mine rocks and minerals to help them visualize and learn about Earth materials.
• Session 1: Fossils and Fun, June 10th-June 14th, 9am-3pm daily (ages 6-13)
• Session 2: Geology Camp, June 17th-June 21st, 9am-3pm daily (ages 8-13, or 6-7 if completed Fossils and Fun or was in Summer Camp last year, 2012)
• Session 3: Paleontology Camp, June 24th-June 28th, 9am-3pm daily (ages 8-13, or 6-7 if completed Fossils and Fun or was in Summer Camp last year, 2012)
• Session 4: Fossils and Fun, July 8th-July 12th, 9am-3pm daily (ages 6-13)
• Session 5: Paleontology Camp, July 15th-July 19th, 9am-3pm daily (ages 8-13, or 6-7 if completed Fossils and Fun or was in Summer Camp last year, 2012)
• Session 6: Geology Camp, July 22nd-July 26th, 9am-3pm daily (ages 8-13, or 6-7 if completed Fossils and Fun or was in Summer Camp last year, 2012)
Cost: $200 per child (member); $250 per child (non member). Scholarships, Sibling discounts, and Multi-Camp discounts are available
Camp is located at:
Dinosaur Ridge Visitor Center
16831 W. Alameda Pkwy
Morrison, CO 80465
Check out our website for more information: http://www.dinoridge.org/summercamp.html
For questions or to register, contact: Erin LaCount at [email protected] or at 303-697-3466 x 101
© 2013 Macaroni Kid, LLC