Cinco de Mayo (The 5th of May) is the perfect time for all your favorite Mexican recipes! This year, why not try making homemade baked tortilla chips?
These are wonderful because you can spice them up to your liking or even make them sweet! They are thick and super crunchy - perfect for dipping!
- Corn tortillas
- Olive oil or vegetable oil
- Sea salt
- Other spices to your taste (try chili powder, cumin, chipotle powder, taco seasoning …)
- Pre-heat your oven to 400 degrees.
- Cut tortillas into quarters and place onto ungreased baking sheets.
- Lightly brush the tops of each tortilla with olive oil, then sprinkle lightly with sea salt or the spice of your choice.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until lightly browned and crispy.
Cool and serve with your favorite salsa or guacamole.
Want to try a sweeter variation? Use flour tortillas and substitute cinnamon and sugar for the sea salt and seasonings. Serve with diced strawberries and kiwi for a fruit-style salsa.