To make sure we can all start our mornings out with the most important meal of the day, I am experimenting with healthy, balanced recipes that we can enjoy on the go. This apple pie smoothie is the perfect solution and also gives a nod to one of the season's most popular fruits.
What You Need:
- 1/2 cup oatmeal, uncooked, any type
- 1 cup water
- 1 medium apple
- 2-3 ice cubs (optional)
- Add the oatmeal to your blender and blend to a powder.
- Add water and blend again.
- Cut apple and remove seeds.
- Add apple, a sprinkle of both cinnamon and nutmeg and ice cubes (if desired) to the blender and blend to your desired consistency.
- Pour into a glass and enjoy!