We built this Leprechaun Trap out of items we found around the house. When choosing your supplies, keep in mind that the wily little beings LOVE gold and green!
- A clear salad greens container
- Assorted ribbons in gold and green
- Green paper grass
- Gold foil-wrapped chocolate coins
- Green pipe cleaner to prop up the lid
- Signs stuck in modeling clay
- A gold ribbon cut like an arrow to point him in the right direction!
We decorated the salad container with the ribbons and placed the grass inside with some gold coins to lure him in. We taped a gold coin to the back so that he had to reach for it (and hopefully fall in). We propped one corner open with the pipe cleaner bent in half and forked at the top so it stayed in place. The kids made signs on paper and taped them to toothpicks then stuck the toothpicks in clay to stand them up. Finally, we placed the signs and the arrow around the trap and then waited for our Leprechaun!
May the luck of the Irish be with you!