- Baking soda
- Black sidewalk chalk (Crayola makes it)
- Vinegar and squeeze bottles
- Cheese grater
- Cookie sheet
- Put about 1/2 to 3/4 of a cup of baking soda on the cookie sheet.
- Grate 1/2 stick of black sidewalk chalk and add that to the baking soda.
- Add about 1 TBSP of glitter.
- Let kids mix with their hands.
You can use it just like this. It's great to practice letters, numbers and spelling by leaving messages on the moon. Or, add your own craters by adding a little bit of vinegar to the mixture. It will bubble and ooze and become clay-like!
BONUS IDEA: Add your own moon vehicles, astronauts, and space life to your moon dust scene!