I like to start projects way out of the scope of my expertise so that my husband has no choice but to finish them. But this one is so easy that my 4-year-old daughter and I did it last night in less than 20 minutes before she went to bed.
With a few everyday materials and inexpensive crafts supplies, we transformed a paper tube into a super cute bat. A very quick and simple decoration and/or treat holder for Halloween.
What you need:
- Paper tube
- Craft glue
- Black marker
- Black paper
- A small piece of white paper for the eyes and the teeth
- Black paint and a brush
How you do it:
- Trim the tube if using a paper towel roll.
- Paint the tube black.
- Fold in the two ends of the tube.
- Draw and cut the wings and then glue them to the tube.
- Cut two circles out of the white paper, draw a black dot in the middle of each one, and glue the eyes on the tube.
- Cut two tiny triangles out of the white paper and glue the teeth below the eyes.