Whether you have school-aged children or not, there are many ways you can show your support for education and our local schools.
Here are 7 simple ways you can show your support:
1. Link your King Soopers account to an organization via the King Soopers Community Rewards program to earn cash for your school. Earnings are rewarded on a quarterly basis.
2. Turn those grocery receipts into even more rewards with Box Tops for Education. Found on a variety of grocery products, these labels are each worth $0.10 and can add up quickly! The new and improved Box Tops program is now a no-clip way to earn money for schools. Download the free app and start scanning your grocery receipts today.
3. For online purchases, utilize Amazon Smile. Every time you shop online with your school selected as a designated charitable organization, the school receives 0.5% of eligible purchases.
4. Purchasing new furniture? Make sure to mention your local school when checking out at American Furniture Warehouse. AFW donates 2% of all purchases to participating schools. Any Beautyrest, Serta, or Simmons purchases will match an additional 2%. Purchases can be made online, over the phone, or in-phone. AFW delivers to almost anywhere in the US, so share the news with family and friends- even those who reside outside of Colorado.
6. Give financially or collect donations. This year, masks, tissues, cleaning supplies, pencils, glue, and gift cards (to department stores or office supply stores) are in high demand. Want to contribute to a specific cause? Search donorschoose.org for a Colorado school near you.
7. Express your gratitude. Take time to thank the teachers and administrative teams personally with a brief note. A kind word can make a huge impact.