According to a study by US News, the average cost of a college application is $43. Save some cash by applying for schools on Tuesday, October 19 through Thursday, October 21, 2021, Colorado Free Application Days.
It's ALWAYS FREE to apply to Colorado's community and area technical colleges, but for just three days this year, ALL 32 of Colorado's public colleges and universities are participating in this initiative to inspire more local residents to continue their education.
Tips for a successful application day:
- 11th and 12th graders can create an account on MyColoradoJourney.com to help review post-high school options, identify interests & skills, understand financial aid opportunities, and prepare for college applications.
- Prior to application day, make a list of colleges you want to apply to.
- Review each school's application process and make a note of the required documents.
- Get your applications ready BEFORE October 19. Write your essays, gather your recommendation letters, and make copies of required documents as needed.
- Save even more on college expenses by filing the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) form.
For more information, visit cdhe.colorado.gov.