Hey Mac Families,
After several bouts of pretty daunting illnesses over the last month, we have kicked our holiday adventures into high gear around here. I almost always have fun once I'm there, but I'm not gonna lie, there are times when I would prefer to stay at home, scrolling Tik Tok, on the couch.
Why? Well, there can be quite a few reasons.
- I'm tired. That's it. I am just worn down from constantly being on the go. Or dealing with sickness. Or trying to get things down when the only free time I have is late at night.
- I'm over activitied. (Is that even a word? Yes, I have decided that if it's not, it will be. Make it happen.) There have been days when we have had to squeeze two games and a play into one day.
- It's cold outside. Yup, that'll do it.
- I have too many things to accomplish that day.
- I want to binge watch a show that I'm into.
... to name a few.
Don't get me wrong, I love that I lead a busy life full of fun activities with my family and friends. But sometimes it's just nice to chill for a bit. And that's okay.
If you are feeling overwhelmed by your schedule, I would bet that your children are, too. It's okay to say no to opportunities you have been given (even if that kills you a little bit, like it does me). Take some time to relax and refresh. It will pay off, and then you can get back to adventuring.
Peace ☮️, Love ❤️, & Macaroni 🌼,