Crisp and colorful leaves, apple picking, slow cooked stews, cool weather, comfy clothes, and pumpkin spice everything... We can't get enough of the warm and fuzzy feels of fall! So we came up with a five-ingredient scent simmer to bring fall inside — any time of year.
What you need:
- 6 cups of water
- 1 apple cut in half and any leftover apple peels
- 1 orange cut or leftover orange peels
- 1 Tablespoon of whole cloves
- 1 Tablespoon of cinnamon or 3 cinnamon sticks
What you do:
- In soup pot, add all ingredients and bring to a slow simmer.
- Turn to lowest setting and enjoy for hours, adding water as needed.
PRO TIP: You can also put all of your ingredients in a slow cooker and cook on low with the lid off.
Other ingredients to consider:
- Star anise
- All spice
- Pine needles
- Fennel seeds
Mix up your homemade simmering scents with whatever you have on hand - there are no rules! Simmer up a pot of yummy smells before a party at your home, or just on a cozy weeknight with your family. Celebrate the season with the delicious smell of fall!